Closing date: 9am, 16th April 2021
Job Type: Sessional Support Worker 1-1
Salary: £9.30 per hour (£8.72 -group events)
We have robust risk assessment, induction and access to relevant PPE for all workers
If you have a passion for supporting young people with disabilities and have experience then we would like to hear from you. PLUS is based in Stirling and provides services across the Forth Valley (Stirling, Falkirk and Clackmannanshire) to give children and young people with disabilities the support they need to get out and have fun with people of their own age. This also gives parents and carers some time for themselves.
We are increasing our team of support workers to support the following opportunities;
1:1 support workers (week days, evenings, weekends and during school holidays)
We are looking for workers across the wider Forth Valley area (Clackmannanshire, Falkirk and Stirling), including the rural areas of Balfron and Callander.
Workers will :
- Work on a 1:1 basis with children and young people out in the community or in the family home.
- Work as part of a team, nurturing friendships between children and young people attending our events and facilitating fun and inclusive opportunities.
We are looking for our workers to work in a person centred way, supporting the development of their independence.
Responsibilities (not exclusive) are to:
- Build relationships with the individual/s and their families to support them and their son/daughter
- to participate in the planning, preparation and delivery of person centred/outcome focused activities in a variety of settings including the individuals’ home.
- To brief and de-brief parents/carers before and after events and to complete all necessary forms or reports.
- to work collaboratively with staff at PLUS and from other organisations.
- Implement the individuals plan to achieve stated outcomes
- Support young people with personal care such as toileting and feeding
- Promote independence
- Complete paperwork promptly
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience working with people with disabilities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build a rapport
- Good basic education
- Driving license – with access to your own car (business insurance required)
- Interests in sport, drama, music, arts and crafts, baking and cooking would be welcomed
- Willing to work flexibly
- A belief in inclusion
- Strength in communicating
- Honest and reliable
- Enjoy sharing activities with children and young people
- Commitment to personal development
Coordinators: Full time (35 hours) or Part time (21 hours)
- £20,202 (pro rata)
- Hybrid between home working and office based – Stirling
We are currently recruiting for 2 coordinators for our group activities for children and young adults at PLUS. Both posts are new to PLUS and have been created in order to allow us to respond to demand for services. We are keen to be able to improve the journey the children, young people and adults have during their time with PLUS and are excited about the prospect of having a real focus, new drive and fresh eyes to help us as we reduce the current restrictions we have on our service delivery.
There will be opportunities for the successful candidate to develop our offerings via group based activities and individualised support, ensuring that a focus on person centredness remains a key priority as services return to some level of new normal.
The post holders will liaise with young people, the adults, their families and partner agencies in the development of care plans, designing bespoke services to meet agreed outcomes.
These exciting roles would suit a dynamic and self motivated individual who has the drive to utilise their experience and creativity to build relationships and support the continued development of services within PLUS.
For further information, please contact Susan Fullerton on 01786 450086, or email email@example.com.
Please note, C.V’s will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Thursday 22nd April, 10am
Interviews: will take place during the w/c Monday 26th April 2021