Support PLUS by raising funds and helping make a difference to the lives of local children.
Got a great idea? Contact us! Whether big, or small, we can make a difference in the lives of local children with disabilities and additional support needs.
If you would like to raise funds for PLUS and you are wondering how, here are a few ideas:
- Birthday donations – set up a page and ask people to donate rather than give you gifts
- Take part in a sponsored event – marathon, fire walk, abseil, walk, cycle – so many options to choose from
- Make something or bake something and sell it to friends and family
Got another idea how to raise funds? We would love to hear from you.
Group fundraiser events
If you are part of a group such as Brownies, Scouts, Boys Brigade, a sports club, Church group or any other group and would like to fund raise for PLUS, please get in touch.
There are so many ways to raise funds for PLUS:
- A coffee morning
- Bake sale
- Bake off challenge (let us know if you need tasters!)
- Craft Fair / Sale of work
- Sponsored activity
- Race Night
- Quiz Night
- Golf Tournament
- Talent Night (happy to help with judging!)
- Car Boot Sale
And we love to hear creative ideas from those who would like to support PLUS.
Once you have your idea, and have got in touch with us then:
- Set your fundraising goal
- Create your own personal fundraising page with your photo (or other photo) on www.virginmoneygiving.com an easy way to share your event with others and to track your sponsorship donations.
Make a Pledge
Consider making a pledge over a period of time. Such as ‘I pledge to raise £500 for PLUS throughout 2020′. Contact Us to discuss details.
Current Fundraising Initiatives
Declutter and Donate
Whilst you’re at home staying safe, a good way to keep busy is by spring cleaning and now you can turn your declutter into donations for PLUS.
So clear out your bookshelves, cupboards and drawers and turn your unwanted items into vital funds that will help us continue supporting children and young people across the Forth Valley.
Using Ziffit, a free web and app service, you can get any unwanted books, games, DVDs and CDs instantly valued. This value can then be donated directly to our fundraising activity via Virgin Money.
It’s really easy to do:
1. Download the Ziffit app or use the website link.
2. Scan or enter the barcode number or ISBN of your product and get an instant value.
3. Complete the online trade and pack up your unwanted goodies.
4. Use Ziffit’s free courier or to send your items. Social distancing rules will be followed.
5. The value of your items will be donated to your Virgin Money Giving fundraising page.
The 2.6 Challenge
The 2.6 challenge will take place on 26th April, the day the London Marathon should have been taking place. The goal is to raise £67.6M for charities across the UK in a day – making it the biggest fundraising event raising the most money in a single day. WOW!
If 2.6 million people donated £26 / fundraised £26 they would reach this total.
It is very simple to get involved and we would love all our families, children and young people to get involved.
The idea is to do something around the numbers 2.6 – from running or cycling 2.6 miles to skipping for 26 minutes to reading 26 books to your children … literally anything.
We are going to suggest ideas each day in the lead up on our facebook page and would love others to share ideas of what they are doing. Whatever your age or ability, you can take part.
We are not looking for superheroes – we’re looking for stay at home heroes.
Lots of celebrities and sports teams are signing up getting behind this event, making it hugely exciting and turning it into a wonderful community event.
So what do you do?
- Choose your #TwoPointSixChallenge
- Use the link below to fundraise for PLUS – you can set up your own page if you want to and share with friends and family
- We would love 26 families to raise £26 for PLUS but whatever you can fundraise is an amazing help!
- Complete your challenge on or around 26th April
And PLEASE, send us pictures or wee videos for us to share.
Alternatively to donate £26, £2.60, £260 or whatever you can, please click here
Help improve our garden
PLUS has a proactive group of staff who are volunteering their time, energy and creative sparks to help improve our outside space for children and young people with disabilities in the Stirling area.
In 2019 a team started work on improving the outside space at PLUS. There are a few different phases, as and when we have managed to get resource or income to make each change.
Enterprise Cars staff came in for a day of volunteering where they began the work to overhaul our space with a lot of weeding, clearing and painting.
The Community payback team came in and worked on levelling the outside space, doing some real heavy work with slabs and improving the layout.
We had volunteers from Stirling University come and paint for us.
Next we had B&Q staff who painted outside (and inside!), built a shed, installed a trampoline and created a sensory walkway for our children and young people to enjoy.
We are so grateful to all the volunteers who helped with the hard work but also to those that donated materials – wood, paint, tools etc.
Our new space has the following for our young people to enjoy this summer, when we can open again:
– a mud kitchen
– an outdoor magnetic board, chalk board and painting screen
– a seated area
– a sensory pathway
– sensory walls
Next is to introduce more opportunities for child led play in the outdoor area. We will require additional cash to help with outdoor equipment and will apply to Trust and Grants for support. However our donate page is still open and live so if you can donate to our outdoor space, please do.
We will keep you updated on our progress.